Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Fashion Ramblings

I haven't blogged in a while so right now I'm like a geiser that's about to begin spouting... LOL. Especially since I just finished writing my spring fashion pieces and I'm looking forward to all the fun colors we'll be seeing next season, AND I'm gearing up for Fashion Week in NYC which is just a few weeks away (I'll be backstage, out on the floor and all over the place!!)

Today, I wanted to share news of a reasonably priced line that I am LOVING and borderline obsessed with. It's called By Marlene Birger. I don't know who Marlene is but... she rocks. :)

And soon to be famous fashion designer Ali Hilfiger is following in her famous dad's footsteps and launching her own line with Sean Lennon! I'm working on getting an interview with the fashion heiress herself so stay tuned for that!

Also as we know, everything in fashion is cyclical and I began to ponder this more than ever today as I found myself shopping for a pair of Chuck Taylor Converse on Zappos.com. I had it in my head that I just HAD to have a pair in red...and maybe yellow...and green too. They are under $50 bucks each, totally uni-sex and look so casual-cool and go with everything. They are a perfect way to incorporate the upcoming season's crazy colors into our everyday wardrobe! But back to the cyclical thing - I remember BEGGING my Mom for a pair of these sneaks in 5th grade. Sigh, if only I had saved them. I'm pretty sure I'm still the same shoe size. :)

What else am I thinking about... oh yah, EVERYONE needs an Ikat scarf. I just bought 2 myself yesterday.

No comments: