Wednesday, January 14, 2009

eco--chic


Ok, so admittedly, I'm just starting to be more eco-friendly. We only recently started recycling (I know, the "green" police are going to be after me soon!) and I switched to organic, earth-friendly cleaning products. I've also been eating more organic foods. As my new friend Sloan Barnett, author of "Green Goes with Everything" says, it's the little things, right?


Even your drink of choice can be eco-friendly now... there is a "green" vodka and plenty of organic wines (The Wag will have a feature on those in the upcoming March issue). And we've been hearing alot about eco-friendly fashions lately, too. What do you think of when it comes to eco-clothes? One friend said a "hemp potato sack" comes to mind, but my friend, you are sorely mistaken. In fact, one such line - Jonano, is far from it. They recently sent me a few selections from their line and I have to say, I am hooked. I love soft, wearable knits to begin with... not only are they comfy, but are appropriate for almost any situation and look great, too. In fact, with the economy the way it is and my focus on wardrobe longevity, I have been trying to incorporate more knits into my repertoire.


Jonano's Butterfly Bamboo Eco-Kashmere dress has to be one of my favorite's. Almost ANYONE can wear it - and it's great for work, play or throwing into your suitcase for a weekend away (it won't wrinkle!) Plus, while you are looking good, you can feel good too. Wear it with jeans, leggings, tights or in the summer, on its own. All of those things you heard about eco-clothes costing so much more?? This dress is just $78. A small price to pay for something you will wear time and again.


I also love the palazzo-style knit pants which feel like yoga wear, without looking like it. My mind is racing with all the places I can wear them too.


Check out their eco-chic line at http://www.jonano.com/

No comments: