Monday, August 27, 2007

The Devil Wears Prada (and rides a freight elevator)

February 8, 2007 - Thursday

So, anyone who follows fashion will appreciate this one. My first stop tonight was the Tory Burch show (or shall I say, raucus party) on W. 31st street... As the cabbie dropped me off, he asked if I was a model @ the show and when I said no, he said I should be. Now I know he's a cabbie, but I'll take any compliment I can get PEOPLE!! :) LOL...
Anyway, the show was on the 12th floor so we had to take a FREIGHT elevator up. WHO is standing right next to me but none other than Anna Wintour herself (the editor-in-chief of Vogue Magazine and the woman who reportedly inspired Meryl Streep's character in the Devil Wears Prada.) So we board this big, ugly, dumpy freight elevator and 2 pizza delivery guys get on with us and asked for the 3rd floor. The PR person for Tory Burch begged them to wait for the next elevator but they said NO (wouldn't want the pizza to get cold??!) The ENTIRE time, I'm looking over at Anna Wintour and the look of disgoust on her face. The rachety (is that even a word?) elevator squeeks its way to the top and Anna literally BOLTS out and into a swarm of photographers who begin feverishly snapping her picture. The whole scene just made me laugh. What a great way to start the night!!!!
After Tory Burch, I headed over to Bryant Park where Hilary Swank and Naomi Watts were expected for the Jayson Brundsdon show. After nearly an hour in line, I made my way into the show and spotted Harry Connick Jr. coming OUT of the tent, but no Hilary or Naomi in site. Oh well... you can't win 'em all. At least I got a chuckle from the Anna Wintour experience.
More news to come tomorrow!!

No comments: