Monday, August 27, 2007

The glamorous - the glamorous life. Beauty and Grace (ok got 1 out of 2) at fashion week today

February 9, 2007 - Friday
The glamorous - the glamorous life. Beauty and Grace (ok got 1 out of 2) at fashion week today

So... my day today began with the Carmen Marc Valvo show in the tents @ fashion week. I was seated about 6 rows from the runway, when I spotted Kristen Chenowith and Ugly Betty star Vanessa Williams giving interviews. I spring from my seat and head towards the runway - tape recorder and camera in hand - and suddenly I'm flying through the air. It was like something out of a dream. I'll forever BE the girl who fell down the stairs @ Fashion week!!!! Banged my knee up pretty good, BUT I got up, dusted myself off (tights still in-tact thank God) and laughed it off. An older man seated nearby exclaimed "you could have really hurt yourself young lady!" Yes, I am well aware of that and will think twice the next time I consider falling down the stairs. Now, off I went to the runway where I pushed my way towards Kristen. She's ADORABLE - 4'11 and sweet as can be. We did an interview and took some pics. Who knew she was an OPERA singer??!! Is there anything this girl can't do????
I headed across the runway to Vanessa Williams who was enveloped in a mass of about 50 photographers and reporters. I snapped a quick photo of her while she was giving interviews and security then stepped in and ushered us off the runway as the show was starting. The designs were BEAUTIFUL but the entire time, I was obsessed with how I would get my interview with Vanessa.
Oops, a model snapped her stiletto and I was jolted from my thoughts and back into the show. But she picked up the heel, held it in her hand, and kept on going. I guess it must just be one of those days...
The lights came up as the show ended and I booked towards the runway. I made a mental map of exactly WHERE Vanessa was seated. She was already in motion, walking towards the backstage entrance. I told her who I was and asked her for an interview. I could barely keep up with her walking (damn, can she move) but I stuck my tape recorder as close to her mouth as possible. She gave me a few one-word answers in a matter of about 15 seconds and then she was off around the corner.

Until I got to the Tommy Hilfiger show and met some sweet celebs who were happy to give me an interview (more than one word,) natch, and a photo. Thanks to Michelle Williams of Destiny's Child and Molly Sims (who is surprisingly tiny AND Southern) for brightening my day and restoring my faith in Hollywood. In the lobby, I ran into the original "fashion police-man" himself, Robert Verdi. He thought I said I worked for "Mad Magazine" and laughed for a few moments at his own "joke." I said WAG 2 or 3 more times and then grew too tired to argue. MAD, it is, Robert. Whatever... I still love ya!
That ends my fashion week journey until next time (in September) but I'm doing some more celeb-spotting at a charity gala tomorrow night (and am scheduled to interview Glenn Close) so I should have more news then!!!

No comments: