Monday, August 27, 2007

My day with Dr. Rey

I knew today was gonna be interesting. For starters, I attended a press event featuring Dr. Robert Rey, Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon and the infamous Dr. 90210 from the E! Network. So I must admit, my first encounter with Dr. Rey fulfilled my expectations - same perfectly coifed hair, fabulous suit, sparkling personality. There were several other fashion/beauty editors there and he remarked how beautiful we all were (as I envisioned him picking apart ever single little flaw, as only a plastic surgeon could do.) I think maybe because he is a dr., I felt really comfortable with him and at one point found myself describing in detail about my severely dry eyes after LasEK surgery and my bad knees from cheerleading/dance. During this time, my inner voice was screaming "TMI, TMI!!" But my mouth kept moving and I couldn't seem to stop myself! Nonetheless he seemed to enjoy the conversation and gave me some good advice! When Dr. Rey referenced my "perfect little nose," I had to tell him that he could thank Dr. Sclafani for that one. He got a kick out of that. He also appreciated my "lip plumping" experiment. Ah, the price we pay for beauty - and the things I do for my readers!!! And for Dr. 90210 fans who are wondering, Dr. Rey DID NOT bring his numchux with him. I know you are all disappointed, as was I. However the rest of the day did not disappoint!

No comments: