Monday, August 27, 2007

Shop-a-holic hits a new low!

I have to share with you the experience of my recent shopping trip at The Westchester mall. I intended to pick up a couple of gifts, one for my good friend Kat, who is 3 months pregnant. I went to Babystyle, the maternity store, figuring I'd get her up a gift certificate. But, I ended up walking away with the gift certificate, plus a really cute, a-line shift dress with pockets - FOR MYSELF!!! It takes a TRUE shop-a-holic to shop for HERSELF, at the maternity store!!! Granted, the style nowadays are maternity-ish, but I felt pathetic nonetheless. The salesgirls assured me that "non" pregnant women shop in there all the time (yah right!) and that I'm not as big of a loser as I felt like at the moment. As I stood surrounded by the fuzzy rattles and nursing bras, I could not help but bow my head in shame. But... I do love my new dress! Believe it or not, I have now realized that maternity stores are a great place to find the new a-line and trapeze styles that are so popular right now. Why not??!! If you feel too "maternity-ish," add a wide or skinny belt to cinch the waist, as belts are HUGE for this season. And when everyone asks where you got such a great outfit, be daring and share your secret!!! It just shows you are being an inventive shopper...and a true fashionista! :)

No comments: